Solution-Focused Brief Therapy in Hollywood, FL
Many forms of traditional therapy focus on past events that may contribute to problems you face in the present. While these methods can bring help, healing, and hope to many, they are not always suited for those who are more concerned with their present or future.
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), however, focuses on using strengths to find solutions and hope for the future. It is based on the idea that people know how to improve their own lives and can find the best solutions through the right guidance. With solution-focused brief therapy, you’ll focus on what you can accomplish rather than your limitations.
How Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Works
Solution-focused brief therapy is goal-oriented and future-focused. It revolves around the ideas that the only constant in life is change and small changes can lead to big outcomes that improve your overall quality of life.
During a session, you’ll work with a therapist to create a vision for your future, set goals, identify your strengths and skills, and take the steps you need to achieve what you want. As sessions continue, you can update your progress with your therapist as well as modify or pivot your goals over time to better suit your desires for a more fulfilling life.
You’ll find that the therapist will discuss your present and future circumstances instead of your past experiences. They’ll ask you present and future-focused questions to help you figure out what you need to do to improve your life. They’ll use positivity and encouragement so that you’re better equipped to solve problems and meet your goals in the future.
TOP RATED 200+ 5 Star Reviews
- Keith M. 2/05/2024My experience here was amazing. My doctors, therapists, and health technicians were above and beyond professional. My time here has given me hope for the best future imaginable and I owe it to the full dedicated staff who live for nothing else but the patients well being. Thank you to everyone involved in my healthcare treatment during my time here. I am eternally grateful to all of you.read moreread less
- kalena v. 1/21/2024I have been blessed with the opportunity to continue my healing and path of self-discovery, thanks to Compassions. Cameron, Heather, Vaneeta, Leah, Janene, Elena, Evo, Paul, Andres, Amanda, Kenya, Richie, Sarah, Jenny, Keith, Jennifer, Paula, Ramona, Tamika, Hailey, Danielle— I could keep going but you get the point— were all extremely supportive and caring. Everyone there is an asset to the programs offered. I feel stable and so much more self-aware. I cannot explain how grateful I am for each and every one of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!read moreread less
- David H. 1/19/2024I feel I have the best tools to stay sober. The approach from a behavioral therapist has given me confidence that I will stay sober. My case manager Romona has helped me to be prepared for the outside world. My therapist Liz has helped me address my mental health and needs related to sobriety.read moreread less
- kirstin s. 1/15/2024From the facilitators, clinical team, and techs; everyone was great! Very welcoming and compassionate. I would highly recommend this facility. They really help you get to the next stages of your life. A lot of changes have happened since being here and they were with me every step of the way!read moreread lessNicolas P. 1/01/2024After spending a month at compassions behavioral health in Oakwood , I’ve learned how to manage my emotions and better understand my substance abuse problem. The staff here are great and genuinely care about your needs. The therapist and case managers went above and beyond to ensure a successful rehabilitation. The techs are always checking on you and work hard to keep us on a routine. I have nothing but gratitude for compassions and would highly recommend this program to someone else who is struggling.read moreread less
- TheRhino35 12/24/2023Amazing experience with incredible, caring people. I was treated really great by all the health and residential staff. Paula and Hailey really helped me find inner peace again. Tiki and Evo made sure I did not want for anything. My case manager Cameron was awesome. All techs and clinical staff were outstanding.read moreread lessKimberly F. 12/23/2023Great experience at CBH. I started on Residential level of care and stepped down to PHP and then IOP and completed the program in 40 days. I been to many centers before and the staff and program here is amazing. The facility is great and everyone is supportive. Thank you for giving me a second chance in life.read moreread less
- Mauricio P. 11/19/2023My best experience for SA treatment, by far. Rehab is not a comfortable situation in which to be in the first place, but the staff at compassion treated me with dignity and a caring disposition every day. For PHP there are rules and structure as is expected from a treatment program, but they were not intrusive and there was plenty of activities to cope with the constraints and make it much more bearable. I'm grateful for having been able to attend and complete the program.read moreread lessKristinne N. 11/19/2023Cameron was extremely helpful in all areas of my needs and got things needing to get done in a timely manner. Housing was clean and well kept. Tiki and Tamika were a blessing. All groups were insightful and helpful.. I would recommend anyone in need of help to call CBH. Thank you for all everyone's done for me....read moreread less
- Evan L. 11/12/2023I’ve been to treatment several times over the years for substance abuse and mental health. And CBH has by far done more for me than any previous treatment center. At the time I discharged I actually felt confident that I would do well. My therapist Vaneeta was excellent! And the group facilitators were top notch as well. I was set for success with great aftercare planning. I would highly recommend this program for anyone that is struggling with mental health or addiction!read moreread less
- Carlos A. 10/07/2023Hi, my name is Carlos and i was at compassions for about two months in 2021. my time there was something i had never experienced before but in the situation i was in it really helped me overcome it and move forward with my life. the main thing i always remember about compassions is the staff and the work they do. the patience and care that they treated us with showed me that they love what they do and care for us as regular people, we just sometimes go through it. one of my favorite group sessions was music mondays, we’d close out the day with music and what a song meant to us or made us feel. my main therapist krystel was really helpful in my journey, helping me understand my thoughts and my feelings and why they could be happening, without that i would always just feel overwhelmed. another group session we had was with a counselor named karla and she had us discuss certain events in our life’s (not in any specific way) but the overall aspect of it and learn from our reactions and reactions of others and different ways that we could approach it and countless things that helped us understand ourselves as people. overall my time at compassions was really a good time for me even though i wasn’t in the best place in life, so many things i learned and experienced while i was there that now i can share with people that need it and i know i can help them with the things i learned there. it’s been a couple years now and i joined the army and i’m on my way to start school like i envisioned while i was there and i have the proper and healthy tools for healthy coping mechanisms. it’s also been about two years since i finished my treatment and they still call to check up on how i am doing, for a while they stayed in contact with my mom also to see how i was doing and for all of those reasons i’m forever grateful for compassions and every single person that worked there.read moreread less
- Elise E. 9/08/2023Compassion is a great program. After trying 7 programs I found a home away from home at CBH. From the clinical staff to the tech staff you will receive the best care. Sean is a great case manager who will make sure things get done in a timely manager from STD requests to food stamps and more. I stayed at compassions a total of 35 days and cannot say enough good things about this program. You also have the opportunity to attend an outside gym 4 days a week, go to the beach twice a week and attend a life-changing church. THANK YOU COMPASSION team - FOR EVERYTHING.read moreread less
- Amela M. 8/10/2023CBH has literally been a life changer . From the techs to the therapist and case managers , everyone has been super helpful and provided me with skills and tools to live a healthy, Sober life. A huge thank you to Hailey ( therapist) and Sean ( case manager) for always going out of their way to help me . Also, the techs at the residence were amazing. I would recommend anyone who is struggling to CBHread moreread less